Monday 1 September 2008

After serving in the Army I plan on picking up where I left off. I currently have about half of the classes I need to get a teaching degree, and I plan on picking up on that when I get back. I do hope to someday put all these hours in college to use and become a history teacher. With the Army's new GI bill, the "Post 9/11 Bill", I should be able to take the classes I need without worrying about money very much. The new bill offers %100 tuition coverage and additional money to be paid toward housing, at about $1,100 per month, and a $1000 per year payment for school supplies. This should make devotion to my school work much easier.

Other than schooling I hope to complete my car. I am building a Lotus 7 replica from scratch at my mothers house, and when I get out I will certainly get back to working on it. This is the build log for the car: Blake's Lucky 7 With the money I have saved up from my enlistment I should be able to finish it, with some nice parts to boot!

After my schooling is complete I hope to have the time and money to travel. I hope to be able to travel through the United Kingdom, backpacking through Scotland, Ireland, and England. The pictures I've seen and tales I've heard have always left me longing to visit these lands, and so I hope to someday visit and experience culture outside of the US for a while.

No comments: